May 26, 2012

I want to talk...music.  Isn't amazing how certain songs, or at least certain lyrics, fit your life so well?  It's like the writer knew your own story.  I love how that happens a lot with Taylor Swift music for me.  I finished that book I want to keep near and dear to my heart, and I decided to start each chapter with a song lyric.  Seven start with a Taylor Swift lyric, two start with a line or two from the song "Life is Beautiful" (from October Baby), one starts with a lyric from "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson, and another has a lyric from this song from Victorious called "You're the Reason".  I'm not sure if all of the lyrics fit just right, but they feel good to me.

What song(s) fit your life best right now?  Would you ever use music like I did in a story?

6 comments:

  1. I would use music in a story--and I have! I'm writing a story that's about an orphan, and each chapter name is a different line from Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again from Phantom of the Opera. The first chapter is called "My One Companion." And the last is "Help Me Say Goodbye."

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by the way, Emma, I was wondering if you would look at a chapter or to of the story I'm writing. I'd really like to hear what you have to say about it, if it's not too much trouble. I could email it to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! If you go to my food blog, my e-mail address is posted there. ;) Just tell me what you'd like me to do with your story.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'll email you a chapter in a few days.

      Delete
  3. Oh yeah! When I write, I listen to music to help me write that particular emotion. For instance, I wrote this book about something really depressing,and so I listened to "the Dark Waltz" and melancholy Celtic music! ;) I love Pandora...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Emma! I've nominated you for an award, so please check my blog for more info! (:
    ~Seana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...