December 31, 2012

Fashion Day

Ah, New Year's Eve, a night renowned for tuxedos, fancy cocktail dresses, heels, parties, and Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve.  Which reminds me... I need to go tape that.  Taylor Swift is performing!

But on another front, today is fashion day.  At least, in my head.  I got my February Teen Vogue in the mail, and I'm loving what I'm seeing.  Some of the trends from 2012 seem to be carrying over to 2013: classic '40s and '50s styles and bright colors.  And then of course the usual craziness on the haute couture runways.  That's why I prefer Chanel and Elie Saab.  Although their haute couture is still out there, it still looks semi-normal, especially Elie Saab's.  Many celebs have worn his couture on the red carpet! (Including Taylor Swift.)

Four fashion bloggers were featured in this issue of Teen Vogue, and I wanted to share one of them with you.  I checked out her blog just a bit ago.  And I think you should, too. ;)

http://www.abentpieceofwire.blogspot.com/

Her name is Justina Sharp, and she has a wicked cool sense of style.  It actually reminds me of some of the things Taylor Swift might wear on a casual day.  But she gets my j'adore stamp of approval.  I also liked reading about where her blog name came from.

Quoting from page 55 of Teen Vogue: "I was trying to decide on a name for my site, and my brother said, 'A clothing hangar is just a bent piece of wire.'" 

Cool, huh?  Well, I need to sign off.  A couple friends are sleeping over tonight, and I need to finish cleaning my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...