September 6, 2013

Random Fridays: Back to School Thoughts


Happy Friday, everyone!  I'm halfway through the school day at co-op, and that's perfect since today's topic is back to school thoughts.

Random Friday rules!  Include the above image in your post, and link to my blog (or this post) somewhere in your post.  It's that simple.  Anyone can join in if you follow those simple rules.

So, back to school thoughts...

1. I'm more confident this year.  I'm usually pretty quiet in group settings, but already this year, I've been a bit more vocal.  And very sarcastic.  My friends can attest to that.  Of course, I have a cold so let's see if, when I'm feeling better next week, I act the same.

2. Second period is quickly becoming my favorite period.  I don't have class from 9:30 to 10:25, and several of my friends are free, too.  So we already hung out, joked, poked fun at each other, and debated the most random things. (Moccasins, Star Wars, me killing people in my books [I swear, Chris is the only one who's had an actual death!]...)

3. English is more difficult than I thought.  The papers haven't been too hard, but we're supposed to respond to at least one peer post (and for one assignment, we're supposed to respond to all three peers in our group), and some of my group members aren't posting until late on the due date.

4. Civics has not been as fun as I was expecting.  I love political science and American government.  But so far, civics has been kind of boring with lots of awful papers.  I'm rethinking my decision to minor in political science.

5. Geometry is awful, like I was expecting.  It's math.  I have the best teacher in the world, and two of my friends are in the class, but IT'S MATH.  At 8:30 in the morning.  I'm not sure I'm awake enough to function properly.

6. This is kind of bittersweet.  It's my last first day at co-op, and it's hard to imagine things without me.  Or me without co-op.  I've been attending for six and a half years (it'll be seven in January).  Next year is going to be vastly different.

7. Writing club is after lunch, and at the moment, I'm not sure how much I'm looking forward to it.  I'm hoping the assignments aren't too specific, as a true writing club would be students bringing in whatever genre they work in (novels, poetry, screenplays, etc.) to have critiqued.

So, how are y'all feeling about going back to school?

Edit: Next week's topic is pretty hairstyles. :)

1 comment:

  1. School sounds to be starting good for you! It's great that you're being more vocal and writing club sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...