December 17, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: New-to-Me Authors in 2013


I read a ton of new-to-me authors in 2013, starting in about May.  I barely know where to start with this list...

1. Marissa Meyer
I was a reluctant reader of The Lunar Chronicles, and I look back on that Emma and think she was crazy (it's very likely she was).  Not only is Marissa a fabulous author, but she's super nice and loves her fans.

2. Kiera Cass
Kiera's The Selection and The Elite were two of the new-to-me books I read in June.  I know the book blogging community is kind of split 50-50 on what they think of her books, but I like them, and I'm excited for The One.  I also love her video-chats.  She's so much fun.

3. Elizabeth Eulberg
She's one of my favorite authors on Twitter, and it doesn't hurt that she's written a book involving The Beatles.

4. Lindsey Leavitt
One of the authors I fangirl over is Lindsey.  Going Vintage is one of my favorite books of 2013, and I Can. Not. Wait. for The Chapel Wars.

5. Robin LaFevers
Love, love, love Grave Mercy.  I'm so glad Shae convinced me to give her series a chance.

6. Tamara Ireland Stone
Okay, so I feel like this is turning into a list of my favorite 2013 reads, too, but I adored Time Between Us and liked Time After Time, and Tamara's Tweets are some of my favorites.

7. Jennifer Lynn Barnes
She is seriously awesome, and not just because she's BFFs with Ally Carter.  The Naturals is phenomenal.

8. Stacey Kade
She is one of the nicest authors out there.  It was so fun meeting her a couple weeks ago, and I've got to read at least one of her books soon.

9. Jennifer E. Smith
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight is fabulous, and so is The Comeback Season.

10. Gayle Forman
Don't even get me started on Just One Day.  Her recent post about book endings was also spot-on.

Edit: Oh, and guys, since GFC is now suddenly, gone, I'm adding my blog to Bloglovin' and you can follow me there! 


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/5963297/?claim=sa6khe5538h">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

8 comments:

  1. Your list makes me very happy! I love most of these authors. Leavitt, Forman, Kade, Barnes, Stone, LaFevers, and Meyer are AMAZING. I can't wait to read more from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa Meyer! Cinder is amazing! And she does seem to be a very nice person! Elizabeth Eulberg is an author I'm happy I tried this year. I LOVE TSPOLAFS! I still need to read The Comeback Season. Have you read This is What Happy Looks Like by her? Love the list, Emma! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read TIWHLL, but it wasn't a fave of mine.

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read Marissa Meyer's and Kiera Cass' books but I heard great things about their books! :D
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! I love Gayle Forman, If I Stay and Where She Went are incredible! Tamara Ireland Stone's Time series was really great too. I really, really need to read the Lunar Chronicles in 2014, keep hearing such great things. New bloglovin follower :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...