June 4, 2014

Book Blogger Feature: Alice in Readerland

This month, I have a feature that will last until July.  I'll be featuring several different bloggers.  First up...


Alice in Readerland!

About Alice in Readerland
"I'm Alice, a young adult who reviews young adult books on my blog Alice in Readerland. I can often be found curled up with a book, my cat, and a cup of tea. I'd finish writing this bio but I really need to read the next chapter of my book."

Emma: How long have you been blogging?
Alice: I have been blogging for about 2 1/2 years.

Emma: What would you say is your favorite part of the book blogging community?
Alice: I love that I have met so many different people and have been introduced to so many new things!

Emma: What's your favorite YA subgenre?
Alice: I am normally drawn to the YA Contemporary genre, but last year I found myself really enjoying the YA Scifi genre more.

Emma: What's your favorite book within that genre?
Alice: My favorite series is The Lunar Chronicles. 

Emma: Signature question time: What's your favorite fairytale?
Alice: My favorite fairytale is Cinderella.

Emma: What has been the best moment of your blogging career?
Alice: I was given the opportunity by a publisher to provide a quote for the praise page inside a finished book. I also heard that my quote is still in the U.K. version of the book, so I think that it's kinda neat that I could go to a U.K. bookstore and see a book with my name and quote in it!
Emma: Wow, that's definitely awesome!

Emma: What do you see as the next big trend in YA (like vampires, dystopian, mermaids, angels, etc.)?
Alice: I see the next big trend as the lead as the villain, with a lot of moral grey area in the story.
     
Emma: What's the YA trope that irritates you the most and why?
Alice: It annoys me when I see so many tropes regarding what characters look like (the red-head hot-tempered action lead, the token ethnic best friend, the evil brunette, the dumb blonde, etc.). It's not true to real life, since people come in all shapes, sizes, and personalities, and I would love to see more variety. 

Emma: Any upcoming books you're highly anticipating?
Alice: I am looking forward to Carl Hiassen's first YA book since I have read his Middle Grade and Adult books. 

Emma: Thanks for stopping by, Alice!  It was great getting to learn more about you.  And don't forget to check out her blog, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Love the feature and love Alice! I was so sad to read the post on her blog announcing that she was shutting down Alice in Readerland. But I'm super excited for her to pursue her writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this interview! I wish the best to Alice as she continues on her journey to become published.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...