June 12, 2014

Guess the Book

The following post contains 12 books.  You will not know what these books are until a later date.  Your mission?  Guess the 12 books based on their opening line/paragraph.

A few hints/rules to help you:

  • They are all books I own.
  • They are all YA (although one may be more MG), but various sub-genres.
  • I shared a picture of all these books on Twitter a few months ago (although one book might be a red herring and a few might be missing...).
  • Some of these will be easier to guess than others.
  • If you think you know and you own the book you think it is, you're free to check it to see if you're right.
  • There's no prize, so if you decide to cheat and search the Internet for the answer, that's on you.
Now, let's get started, shall we?

1. "When we got the letter in the post, my mother was ectastic."

2. "The fans scream for her, but they don't really know the girl on the magazine covers - the girl with the guitar and the easy smile."

3. "I suppose a lot of teenage girls feel invisible sometimes, like they just disappear."

4. "You think it's so easy to change yourself.  You think it's so easy, but it's not."

5. "There was a boy in her room."

6. "There is one mirror in my house."

7. "What if Shakespeare had it wrong?"

8. "Guys and girls can be friends."

9. "Mrs. Buster gave us our first assignment in English today, to write a letter to a dead person."

10. "I have a dead girl's name.  Technically, I suppose I have a dead girl's life.  Either way, I've had them both now longer than she did, so I guess they're mine."

11. "Every superhero has an origin story.  Mine began with a box of cereal."

12. "There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it."

I'm excited to see your guesses!  I'll let y'all guess for a couple weeks, and then I'll share the answers.

8 comments:

  1. 12. Voyage of the Dawn Treader? I haven't actually read the book though... It might be The Silver Chair but Eustace was a better kid in it so I doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is 6 from Divergent? And I think 9 might be Love Letters to the Dead, but I've only heard of that book, not read it, so I'm not positive. 12 is either The Voyage of the Dawn Treader or The Silver Chair, but I'm thinking the first one. I KNOW I've read 10 somewhere. I think it was in one of those books you read the first few pages and then put it down. Is it from The Rules by Stacy Kade?
    Those are my only guesses.
    This is a really fun post!
    ~Sarah Faulkner

    Inklined

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1: "The Selection"
    #5: Fangirl
    #6: Divergent.

    That's all I got.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #4 or is it #3 This Song Will Save Your Life
    #6 Divergent (I looked that one up though)
    #7 Falling for Hamlet (????)
    #11 Dangerous
    #12 Voyage of the Dawn Treader

    That's all I got :P

    ~D. Skye <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I have more. #3 is I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You
      #10 The Rules (I started to read it for the first time just after I saw this post)
      #1 The Selection
      The other ones are books that I probably haven't read so i don't recognize them.

      ~D. Skye <3

      Delete
  5. I know #6 is Divergent.
    I think #3 is something by Ally Carter - either Heist Society or I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You.
    Is #9 Love Letters to the Dead? I haven't read it quite yet but I have a feeling it is.
    I think #2 was the book you mentioned that was based on Taylor Swift...?
    Gosh, that's all I can think of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #2 Open Road Summer?
    #8 Better Off Friends?
    #9 Love Letters to the Dead

    And that's all I got. Fail. Ironically enough, the three that I guessed I haven't even read. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read all of these, but based off of synopses and things I've heard...

    #1 The Selection
    #2 Open Road Summer
    #3 I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You
    #6 Divergent
    #8 Better off Friends
    #9 Love Letters to the Dead
    #12 Voyage of the Dawn Treader

    Haha, that's all I could think of~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...