September 13, 2014

Meet My Roommate

So, although I'm writing this post at the end of July (I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to scheduling posts, as some of you may know), it's going up in mid-September. I'll have been at Asbury for a month by this point, so hopefully I'm enjoying my classes and making friends and not feeling incredibly lost. I know several of you are curious about and probably invested in my journey as a book blogger through college, so I decided to I needed to do a post to introduce y'all to my roommate, Elise!

Emma: Okay, so I know who you are, but why don't you tell my readers a little more about yourself? 
Elise: Okay! Well, my first and middle names are Elise Annette, and I'm not quite sure why I don't like my middle name...maybe just because I've had it my whole life. I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio, which isn't so bad, except one minute it can be sunny and warm and the next there's snowfall. But we have Skyline Chili and Graeter's Ice Cream, so the pros outweigh the cons in my opinion. I'm double-majoring in Creative Writing and Worship Arts - I've wanted to be an author since I was ten years old, and I've been singing since long before I could talk, so it seemed fitting. I've got two little brothers whom I lovingly refer to as my favorite dorks, and three friends that I've personally adopted into my family as sisters - Alex, Anna, and Lindsey.

Emma: What are your top 5 favorite books or series of all time?
Elise: Of all time? That's a bit hard. I have a lot of favorites. But off the top of my head, and in no particular order:
1) Peace Like A River by Leif Enger - it's beautifully written with some of my favorite characters ever.
2) The Penderwicks series by Jeanne Birdsall - read these and tell me they aren't funny and classic. I dare you.
3) The Ingo series by Helen Dunmore - it's a rule I have that I have to read these whenever I'm in Florida at the beach. I adore them.
4) The Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling - these are a huge inspiration to me in my quest to be an author. J. K. Rowling is excellent at her craft.
5) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - I know, I know, this is cheating, but both of these stories are absolute classics and are huge factors in why I love romance stories. I couldn't decide between the two.

Emma: What's your favorite recent read?
Elise: I recently read the Syrena Legacy series (Of Poseidon, Of Triton, and Of Neptune) and sort of just fell clumsily in love with them. Anna Banks is also hilarious. I really want to meet her.

Emma: Any books you've added to your to-read list recently that you want to highlight?
Elise: According to my Goodreads account, I have more books to read than I've actually read, although I'm sure that must be faulty. As of today, a couple books I want to read are Cinder and the rest of the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer to see what all the fuss is about, and Dissonance by Erica O'Rourke, a book which Emma is so generously offering me because she's the coolest roommate on this planet.
Emma: Pssh, I'm totally not. ;)

Emma: I ask this question to everyone I interview.  What's your favorite fairytale?
Elise: Forever and always my favorite fairytale will be Peter Pan. I grew up watching the Disney movie, then the live versions, then the Disney sequel, then reading all the Peter Pan books, then obsessing about it day and night. I may or may not have believed in him until I was twelve. I kept a small trunk full of Peter Pan memorabilia in my room by my window for if the boy who never grows up decided to come and bring me with him to Neverland. It's still there. No shame.

Emma: Why did you choose Asbury?
Elise: Up until I visited Asbury, none of the other colleges I'd visited had really clicked for me, and I thought I'd have to settle for the one that sucked the least, if you'll pardon that. But when I got on campus and went around, everything made sense from layout to size to classes. And it sounds a bit hokey, but I feel like I need to be there, like God's got something really cool in store.

Emma: Although this interview will be posted about a month after we get to Asbury, I'm asking it before we're on campus.  What are you looking forward to most this fall?
Elise: If I'm being completely honest, I'm looking forward to a fresh start with new people who chose to live in a place I like. I'm hoping to find out how good I am at making friends, if I end up being any good at that at all, and I'm hoping to meet people who get excited about the same stuff I do.

Emma: What do you think you'll miss most about home?
Elise: Probably my family the most, although I do like Cincinnati more than I care to admit aloud. It'll take some getting used to, not having my dad to chill with or my mom to fuss with everything or my brothers to bother me. I'll miss it.

Emma: Lightning round! What/who is your favorite...

Elise:
TV show? - just one?! Can I have three? Psych, Doctor Who, and Phineas and Ferb! And maybe the new Spiderman cartoons. I have two little brothers and they start to influence you after a while
Movie? - GAH I CANT PICK!!! Umm The Avengers? No wait, The King's Speech. NO WAIT! Master and Commander! I don't know!!
Season? - of nature? I really do love summer with long warm days and clear warm nights and all that comes with it. :) I really love the others but summer is just a little bit over them in my ranks!
Song? - JUST ONE?! Shoot! Um, as of THIS SECOND, my favorite song is "Really Don't Care" by Demi Lovato because it's so doggone catchy.
Member of One Direction? - NIALL HORAN FOREVER. I absolutely adore all of them, every single one, but Niall is special to me. We're meant to be. Sorry, Emma. ;)
Comfort food? - Macaroni and Cheese! All kinds, every kind. Best food ever. I am a five year old. No shame.


Thanks so much for letting me interview you, Elise!  If y'all have any more questions for her, ask them in the comments below, and I'll make her come answer them. ;)

3 comments:

  1. I've been reading this post and Elise and I have so much in common! I'm really glad you have an awesome roommate, Emma.

    Question for Elise: Your Favorite Artist/Album?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elise sounds like a really fun roommate. :D And she has good taste in books and other stuff. (Yay for another Penderwicks fan!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I love psych and doctor who and the new cartoon Spider-Man... Well, all Spider-Man's. Actually, all superheroes..... I'm a bit of a nerd ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...