December 31, 2014

2014 End-of-the-Year Survey: Blogging and Looking Ahead

2014 End Of Year Book Survey
Hosted by Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner.

Here's part two of the survey. Dividing it up was a great idea this year.

book-blogging

1. New Favorite Book Blog
It's hard to keep track of the ones I found last year and those I started following in 2014, so while I have lots of favorites, one that I know for certain is a recent follow and favorite is...


2. Favorite Review I Wrote in 2014
Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas

3. Best Discussion on My Blog

4. Most Thought-Provoking Discussion/Review on Another Blog
Discussion- I Got the Message Loud & Clear: Reading Isn't Cool on The Perpetual Page-Turner
Review- Like No Other by Una LaMarche on Queen Ella Bee Reads

5. Best Event I Participated In
The Mighty Mississippi Book Blast was great fun, and I loved participating in #RBWL again - not once but twice.

6. Best Moment of My Blogging Life in 2014
My very shallow answer is when Awkwordly Emma won the award from YA Highway for Best Established YA Reviews.

7. Most Popular Post This Year on Awkwordly Emma

8. Post I Wish Got a Little More Love
All in the Fifteen 2015 Reads series:

9. Best Bookish Discovery
This is probably stretching the topic, but I'm going to say the amount of books I've been able to store in my dorm room.

10. Completed Reading Goals/Challenges
Summer of Rereads (My own personal challenge) and Goodreads 2014 Challenge (I read 200 new or new-to-me books by the end of October).


looking-ahead-books-2015

1. Book I Didn't Get to in 2014 That I'm Prioritizing for 2015
I'll say either The Archived by Victoria Schwab or Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.

2. Book I'm Most Anticipating in 2015 (non-debut)
Right now, All Fall Down by Ally Carter, but also Wrong About the Guy by Claire LaZebnik, The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West, and The Road to You by Alecia Whitaker.

3. Most Anticipated 2015 Debut
Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout

4. Most Anticipated Series Ender
Ensnared by A.G. Howard
Lion Heart by A.C. Gaughen
Winter by Marissa Meyer

5. One Thing I Hope to Accomplish in Blogging in 2015
I really want to make it to a book convention, whether it be BEA, ALA, YALLfest, or one here in Kentucky.

6. A 2015 Release I've Already Read and Am Recommending
The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord, without a doubt. Also This Side of Home by Renee Watson.

So that's it for the end-of-the-year survey! If you only check out my blog for this post, I guess I'll see you next year? 
Thanks to all readers, followers, fellow bloggers, authors, and publishers for making 2014 great!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like it's been a great reading year, Emma! Congrats on the YA Highway award! I'm going to BEA for the first time this year. Let me know if you make it up to New York. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...