January 27, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Pick for the Mother-Daughter Book Club


Today's topic was technically books I'd pick for my book club (real or hypothetical). Since I'm not in a book club and have no idea what my hypothetical one would be like, I knew I needed to choose books for my favorite fictional book club. In case you're wondering what the haystack I'm referring to, click here. The Mother-Daughter Book Club is a super fun MG/lower YA series by Heather Vogel Frederick that I've adored for about 5 1/2 years now. I was at the bookstore promptly when it opened every release day for books 3 through 6. This is the series I'll be reading to my future children when they're old enough. But I digress.
So without further ado, here are the ten books/series I'd tell the Mother-Daughter Book Club that they need to read.

9565548994327020522640
1. His Fair Assassin trilogy by Robin LaFevers
There's intrigue, there's murder, there are kick-butt heroines, and there's romance, so I think all five girls would enjoy these books.

18667862
2. Like No Other by Una LaMarche
The MDBC has read classics. Most of them are for entertainment, but those books also have more literary sides. That's what drew me to a couple of the picks on my list, including Like No Other.

13597757
3. Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson
My explanation under Like No Other is the same for Don't Touch.

18336965
4. My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
Once more, see the explanation for Like No Other.

18189606
5. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
A book about friendship is always good for fictional characters whose series is built upon friendship. And if Cassidy, Emma, Jess, Megan, and Becca love this one, they can read Morgan's other books (specifically Amy and Roger's Epic Detour and Second Chance Summer, but also her books under her pen name, Katie Finn).

18602289
6. Free to Fall by Lauren Miller
I'm not entirely sure why I've picked this one, but it feels right to me.

104290921081690811431896
7. The Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy by Rae Carson
Epic fantasy that I could see sparking good discussions for the book club.

17453983161011689627755
8. Anna and the French Kiss trilogy by Stephanie Perkins
Well, Cassidy would have to put up with all the mushy-gushy romance but I think most of the MDBC girls would love this trilogy.

17573559
9. Roomies by Sara Zarr and Tara Altebrando
This is another pick that just fits for me. Perhaps because I sort of grew up with the girls and, therefore, they'd all be freshmen in college like me this year.

122914381618230416182308
10. The Madman's Daughter trilogy by Megan Shepherd
My last pick is because, like I said before, the book club reads a lot of classics. This trilogy retells three stories, one of which is a major classic (Frankenstein).

So if you've read The Mother-Daughter Book Club series, what books would you choose for them? Or what did you do for Top Ten Tuesday this week?

3 comments:

  1. Wow I love the variation here! I want to read The Madman's Daughter trilogy so badly, and I had no idea it had links to Frankenstein! I would really love to read Grave Mercy too :)

    Check out my TTT!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! We share Grave Mercy. :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. Some great suggestions too. I am totally in love with the MDBC and I am sure they would enjoy all of these books. Plus, none of them are musty and dusty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...