June 25, 2015

From the Bookshelf to the Kitchen: Pull-Apart Pizza Bread


It's been awhile since my last baking post. I had to wait until I was home from college and had a full kitchen at my disposal once again.

For this post, I was basically scanning my recently-added recipes on Pinterest and looking for ones that would match with books. Then it hit me - I've kind of become obsessed with cooking show books lately. So I knew pairing pizza pull-apart bread (basically pizza monkey bread) with Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff That Made Me Famous was the way to go.

It doesn't require much equipment, thankfully - just a bundt pan, a bowl, and measuring spoons and cups. (I also wore food preparation gloves just because I didn't want olive oil and cheese and seasoning all over my hands.)


 
 

Pull-Apart Pizza Bread
2 cans of pizza dough or biscuits
2 c. mozzarella cheese
1 c. parmesan cheese
2 T. Italian seasoning
1/3 c. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced (or 1/2 t. minced garlic)
8 oz. pepperoni/cooked, crumbled sausage (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut pizza dough or biscuits into quarters. If using pepperoni, cut each piece in half. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and toss so that everything is evenly coated. Place in a greased bundt pan. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the top is brown and the center is thoroughly cooked. If it isn't, cook in 5-minute increments until done. You can cover with foil if it's getting too brown. Flip over onto a serving plate as soon as you remove from oven. Serve warm with marinara for dipping sauce. [Which I didn't have the time to whip up.]



Voila! Cheesy pull-apart pizza bread.

Have a recipe/book suggestion for From the Bookshelf to the Kitchen? Comment below or email it to MDBCnumber1fan [at] gmail [dot] com.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! that pizza bread looks amazing Emma! i love your "From the Bookshelf to the Kitchen" posts! i recently made St. Louis style homemade pizza (do you follow the blog called A Beautiful Mess? It's from there!) and it turned out really good! i'm a pizza junkie though! :)
    great post again!
    http://www.wholly-books.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...