June 14, 2015

Rewind & Review #39

Rewind & Review

So to review the last two weeks... The first was pretty calm. I did stuff for my online class, read a lot, and worked on blog posts. Then this past week, my mom was in Virginia; she and my dad were finding our new house which they had a contract for by Wednesday night. I'm very excited. It looks nice, the outdoor space and kitchen sound like they'll be great, and it's only 15 minutes from my oldest and best friend, Kelly. I spent days at home and nights at the house of family friends. I got some more packing done (my bookshelves were overflowing; now I can fit everything that's left onto five shelves), and I've been working to get ahead in my summer class since it'll still be going on during the move.
I went to the Boldly Bookish event at Anderson's on Thursday night with Kate (see pics). I got to meet Emily (@emalfano) and Alyssa, see Katie (@PolishedPage), and meet Bloomsbury's lovely publicist, Courtney Griffin! I also got to see Emery Lord again and meet Tiffany Schmidt (who loves Taylor Swift as much as I do) and A.C. Gaughen. Look at the pretty signed books I acquired! (Including one for my BFF, Kelly. I had to get Open Road Summer signed for her because she's in pictures with me in the ORS book trailer).





Books I Won/Traded for/was Gifted
The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (via trade)
A Step Toward Falling by Cammie McGovern (from Summer [Blue Sky Shelf])
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (ebook from my Secret Sis)

Books I Bought
Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu
Lion Heart by A.C. Gaughen

Books I Read
Encore to an Empty Room by Kevin Emerson (3 stars)
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (reread)
I Am Princess X by Cherie Priest (4 stars)
The Secrets of Attraction by Robin Constantine (4 stars)
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (4 stars)
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir (3.5 stars)
Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu (reread)
Nil Unlocked by Lynne Matson (4.5 stars)
When Irish Guys Are Smiling by Suzanne Supplee (3 stars)
Don't Ever Change by M. Beth Bloom
Deceptive by Emily Lloyd-Jones
Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins (3.5 stars)
Joyride by Anna Banks (3 stars)
Gone Too Far by Natalie D. Richards (4 stars)
The Forget-Me-Not Summer by Leila Howland (4 stars)
Divergent by Veronica Roth (reread)
Open Road Summer by Emery Lord (reread)
Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman (DNF)
Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson
Flunked by Jen Calonita (3 stars)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed
   (From 6/1-6/6)
   (From 6/7-6/13)
  • Elevator Reviews
  • TTT: Summer TBR List
  • On ARCs and Not Being Good Enough
  • Another Sixteen 2016 Reads
  • Review: Tangled Webs by Lee Bross
  • Sunday Street Team: Interview with Rachael Allen
  • TTT: Favorite Top Ten Tuesday Topics
  • Review: Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George
  • From the Bookshelf to the Kitchen: Pull Apart Pizza Bread
  • Random Friday: Book Covers That Belong in Museums
  • Review: The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

2 comments:

  1. What did you think of I am Princess X? It looks really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was really good! I read an ARC,so it only had descriptions of the comics which decreased enjoyment, but it was still an interesting story. (Had to suspend disbelief just a bit though.)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...