August 30, 2015

Rewind & Review #44

Rewind & Review

Well I'm back at school! Classes started on the 17th, and I've mostly settled into the swing of things. I'm working every week night from 4-7, but I want to drop Fridays from my schedule soon. It's been nice to be back with my friends and on campus - although I haven't really left campus yet since I returned (walking to the library boxes and the grocery store do not count). I miss having my mom to drive me places. Not having my license or a car is a real drag.
I've had a fair amount of homework, so I haven't read quite as much as I wanted to. I have started a new cross-stitching project, though! It's bigger than my normal ones so I think it'll take me awhile longer than my previous ones.
I also discovered my new favorite (non-book) store. On Friday night, I went to the mall with my former TAG leader and one of my friends, and we went to Altar'd State. It's a very cool store. I saw some pieces I liked but they were out of my budget. I did try on a dress, and it looked great...except for the sleeves. They were just a wee bit too billowy. But I'm definitely keeping them in mind for future clothing needs and also cute home-decorating needs.

Books Received for Review
None! :(

Books I Won/Traded for/was Gifted
Promises I Made by Michelle Zink (traded with @irish_banana)
Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson (traded with @YAIndulgences)
Very in Pieces by Megan Frazer Blakemore (won in @edenjeangrey's Twitter giveaway)
The Distance Between Lost and Found by Kathryn Holmes (traded with @BSweetReads)
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson (traded with @disquietus)
Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
The Nightmare Charade by Mindee Arnett (traded with @JacklinU)
Between Us and the Moon by Rebecca Maizel (gift from my parents)

Books I Bought
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
Deceptive by Emily Lloyd-Jones
Stray by Elissa Sussman
Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
One More Wish by Robin Jones Gunn

Books I Read
Sekret by Lindsay Smith (DNF)
The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow
Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout (reread)
A School for Unusual Girls by Kathleen Baldwin (3 stars)
Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
Very in Pieces by Megan Frazer Blakemore (2 stars)
The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson (4 stars)
The Icing on the Cake by Deborah A. Levine and JillEllyn Riley
One More Wish by Robin Jones Gunn (3 stars)
Sparks in Scotland by A. Destiny and Rhonda Helms (2 stars)
The Trials by Stacey Kade (3 stars)
A Darkness Strange and Lovely by Susan Dennard (3 stars)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed
   (From 8/10-8/15)
   (From 8/16-8/22)
  • More Elevator Reviews
  • TTT: Characters I Didn't Click With
  • Review: Lock & Mori by Heather W. Petty
  • Random Friday: Recipes
  • The Final Sixteen 2016 Reads
  • Fall 2015 Classes
  • TTT: Finished Series I Haven't Finished
  • So You Like... #18
  • Review: Tonight the Streets Are Ours by Leila Sales
  • DNF Review: The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...