September 15, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Quiet YA Picks


It's a freebie week! Which means I got to pick whatever I want, and I decided it was the perfect opportunity to push under the radar YA titles on y'all. These are ones that didn't get a ton of hype outside of the blogger world and they're all ones I definitely recommend. Quiet YA started as a Twitter hashtag (I think? Correct me if I'm wrong), and it has a Tumblr and a Goodreads list. So here are ten of my top quiet YA recs, plus a few bonus picks.

22718701
1. Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson
Recent release. It's historical fiction and very fun!

11115457
2. Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
One of the first books I read when I started reading YA fic, and it's remained one of my favorites. I'm actually surprised more people haven't read this one.

22718682
3. Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu
I can't push this one on people enough. It's so good, guys, and I love the protagonist, Rachel.

13518112
4. Cinders & Sapphires by Leila Rasheed
More historical fic! If you like Downton Abbey, this book is meant for you.

23399267
5. Anything Could Happen by Will Walton
I actually had only seen this book once, right around its release. Then I promptly forgot about it until I saw it on the shelf at The Fountain. It sounded interesting, so I borrowed it from the library and actually really enjoyed it! The protagonist is a Taylor Swift fan.

17375024
6. My Faire Lady by Laura Wettersten
So much fun! There's a bit of a love triangle, but I didn't really care because seeing a Renaissance Faire through Rowena's eyes was great.

10929432
7. The Archived by Victoria Schwab
This is a favorite in the blogger community, so I hesitated to put it on this list. But hardly anyone outside of the publishing world seems to know about it, so on the list it goes.

16068910
8. The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes
This has one of my favorite romance tropes: fake relationships. Because we all know how it'll end. Plus Micah is pretty cool, and I love Lainey's character growth.

15839984
9. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
If you love fairytale retellings, than this title is for you! Just be forewarned: a Disney movie it is not.

13260426
10. Maid of Secrets by Jennifer McGowan
More historical fiction! (Because I can't resist recommending it.) This first book in the series was a little slow and I wasn't in love with it, but then I read the sequel which cemented my love for the series.

Bonus picks (because I want y'all to read all the books):
Hold Me Like a Breath by Tiffany Schmidt (Fairytale retelling! Crime families!)
Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed (I learned so much from this book. It was fascinating, heartbreaking, and beautiful, and why was it only 277 pages???)
Gone Too Far by Natalie D. Richards (If you love the mystery/thriller genre, this one is for you.)
Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman (You can't make me stop recommending historical fiction.)
Ask Again Later by Liz Czukas (Cute, fluffy fun. And once you've read this one, Liz has another YA title you should try - Top Ten Clues You're Clueless.)
Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill (Sort of a Parent Trap story. Figure skating and hockey!)

10 comments:

  1. Some of these are already on my TBR list . . . the rest, honestly, aren't my thing.
    BTW, have you read the River of Time series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have quite a lot of historical fiction books on your list - one of my favourite genres :-D Cruel Beauty, Cinders and Sapphires, Written in the Stars and Maid of Secrets all sound soooo good and I can't wait to read them! Unfortunately, I'll have to, because I don't own them and I have so many books on my TBR already haha. Maybe I'll cheat and order them in from the library ;-)

    Sarah @ Novels & Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devoted, The Art of Lainey and Cruel Beauty were all really good books! Nice picks!

    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Cruel Beauty! It's definitely one of my favorite retellings and it's so awesome to find someone else pushing it. Also, I already want to read Rebel Mechanics - so it's great to hear that you like it.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, @DailyJulianne started Quiet YA on twitter! Such a cool idea. I love all of your recommendations!! The Art of Lainey is such a favorite of mine and I really love the Maid of Secrets series. I'm excited the new one came out today! I enjoyed Cruel Beauty and The Archived a lot as well. I have My Faire Lady at home to read and I've heard such good things about Rebel Mechanics! Great TTT list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a good list! Cruel Beauty is one of my favourite books, and I've wanted to read The Archived for such a long time. I haven't read any of the others, but this makes me want to!

    My TTT: http://afairytalereader.blogspot.com/2015/09/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-wish-i-wrote.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice list of books and theme for this week's TTT post!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/09/top-ten-tuesday-my-list-of-favorite.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Archived was amazing--and you're right, I haven't seen a lot of love for it around the blogosphere, and it deserves it. I haven't read any of the other books on your list but a few of them look really great! :)
    Cool topic and great list

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read The Archived - and Vicious for that matter! :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...