December 31, 2015

Looking Back on my Fifteen 2015 Reads

So if you missed my Fifteen 2015 Reads post series in 2014, you can find them all under the 'fifteen 2015 reads' label. But after I did the series, I realized I couldn't just leave y'all hanging when it came to the books I was anticipating. So back in June, I checked in with the books. I'd read most of the original thirty to make the list by then and now I've read all but two (and you'll see why later in this post). I'm not going to recap my opinions of all the books - just those I've read since June. If you want to know what I thought of the rest, here's the link to the check-in post.

Overall, out of all the Fifteen 2015 Reads choices I read, my average rating was 3.7, which is higher than my average rating for the entire year. So, even though I didn't love all my Fifteen 2015 Reads, I'd say I picked some good ones.


READ AND LOVED/LIKED
All Fall Down by Ally Carter
Emerald & Ashes by Leila Rasheed
Ensnared by A.G. Howard
Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough
Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout
My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows
P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
Rogue Wave by Jennifer Donnelly
We Can Work It Out by Elizabeth Eulberg
A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas
The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne

A Million Miles Away by Lara Avery
Pretty good! (My review.)

The Trouble with Destiny by Lauren Morrill
Just as cute as Being Sloane Jacobs. (My review.)

Winter by Marissa Meyer
Liked but didn't love. I needed more of the reasoning behind the development in Thorne and Cress's relationship, and I thought the book was a bit long...


READ AND WAS NEUTRAL ABOUT
5 to 1 by Holly Bodger
Kissing in America by Margo Rabb
The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre

Lock & Mori by Heather W. Petty
Wasn't as great as I hoped. (My review.)

Court of Fives by Kate Elliott
I liked it for the most part. World-building was confusing at times, and I think parts could've been cut, but I liked this one.

The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi
Honestly, not as good as I hyped it up to be in my mind. And now I'm sad because I wanted to love this one.

Need by Joelle Charbonneau
First off, this one's cover has such a cool texture. But the content inside...there were a lot of POVs so I didn't get to know any of the characters as well as I wanted to, and I felt the plot was a little sparse in places.


READ AND DIDN'T LIKE
The Cage by Megan Shepherd
Love, Lucas by Chantele Sedgwick
Scarlett Undercover by Jennifer Latham

Very in Pieces by Megan Frazer Blakemore
Nopity-nope-nope.


STILL WAITING FOR
Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan
When I Wake by Elizabeth Norris (both of these got pushed back to 2016)


So those are the results for my Fifteen (well, thirty) 2015 Reads. I'm so glad I loved so many of them and I can't wait to see how I feel about all 64 of my Sixteen 2016 Reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...