March 14, 2016

Hamilton Book Tag

Like I've said before, I rarely do book tags. I did three last year, which is the most I'm pretty sure I've ever done. Well when I saw Gillian of Writer of Wrongs do this one, I knew  I had to, too. I'm just a little obsessed with Hamilton (as evidenced by this post).


The Room Where It Happens
(Book world I would put myself in.)


My choice is The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig. I'd love to visit Nix's world...as long as I could travel through time with her.

The Schuyler Sisters
(underrated female character)


The problem with picking a book for this category is that I struggle to notice when others overlook great female characters because I notice and love them so easily. So I'm going with the same character Gillian chose: Cress from, well, Cress by Marissa Meyer. So many people love Cinder, Scarlet, and Winter (and all rightly so), but Cress is also lovely and relatable.

My Shot
(a character that goes after what they want and doesn't let anything stop them)


Obviously I've gotta choose the main character of the Throne of Glass series, but particularly for her actions in Queen of Shadows.

Stay Alive
(a character I wish was still alive)

7260188
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
If you haven't read Mockingjay, you should probably skip the rest of what I'm about to say. Sooooooo, I wish Finnick was still alive. He's the death I'm maddest at Suzanne Collins about. I cried during his death scene in the movie.

Burn
(the most heartbreaking ending to a relationship)

SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE THRONE OF GLASS SERIES


Between Crown of Midnight and Queen of Shadows, Sarah J. Maas horribly sunk my ship. I was totally Team Chaol, and there's no hope for him and Aelin now. There could've been, if Sarah hadn't completely changed Chaol's personality. *sigh*

You'll Be Back
(sassiest villain)

I actually have no answer for this one. I don't really read a lot of books with sassy villains, I guess.

The Reynolds Pamphlet
(a book with a twist I didn't see coming)


Oh totally Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch. I'm not saying what the twist is, but I'm pretty sure y'all will know what I'm talking about if/when you read the book.

Non-Stop
(a series I marathoned)


Okay, so I only read the first five books, but I knocked out almost all of the Gallagher Girls series in like two days? That was back in the good ole days when I had all the time in the world to read.

Satisfied
(favorite books with multiple POVs)


I've read a lot of books with multiple POVs, but I decided to go with Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo.

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
(a book/series I feel will be remembered throughout history)


I don't know if I have a good answer for this one. There are a lot of books/series I hope will become classics, but I don't know which ones actually will. (Besides Harry Potter, but I don't want that to be my answer.)

Helpless
(a relationship I was pulling for from the start)


Obviously Max and Paige from The Start of Me and You. They are so OTP.

Ten Duel Commandments
(favorite fight scene)

So minor spoilers about to ensue.

20613470

I love the scene towards the end of Heir of Fire when Celaena is battling the generals and she sees her younger self. Which I know isn't really part of the actual fight scene, but still. It counts.

Say No to This
(guilty pleasure read)

24396868

Famous in Love by Rebecca Serle and its sequel, Truly Madly Famously, were pretty ridiculous. They were like reality TV and definite guilty pleasure reads.

What Comes Next?
(a series I wish had more books)



1718249922851315
My choice is the Illusive duology. I just naturally assumed it was going to be a trilogy and then, when I interviewed Emily in the fall, I found out Deceptive is the final book. :(

Right Hand Man
(favorite BROTP - a.k.a. the friendship equivalent of an OTP)


Hmm, I have a few, but I'm gonna give Gigi, Neerja, and Bea a shout-out. They're one of the tightest-knit, most loyal groups of girls I've ever seen in fiction. Smart Girls Get What They Want is great, y'all.

What'd I Miss
(a book or series I was late to reading)


Oh, definitely The Raven Cycle. At least I'll be around for the release of The Raven King, but I know most bloggers have read the first three books by now.

So go forth and do the Hamilton tag, if you so desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...