June 10, 2016

Random Friday: Superheroes


Want to participate in Random Fridays? Just do the following: 
  • Include the above image in your post and link back to my post.
  • Blog about this week's topic.
  • Add the link to your Random Friday at the bottom of this post.
My love for superheroes is a fairly recent thing. When The Avengers movie first came out, I was all kind of like, "....Meh." I hadn't even seen it, y'all. It just didn't seem like my type of thing. But then I was over at my best friend's house one cold December night, and she wanted me to watch it, so we watched half of it before my parents came to pick me up, and then of course I had to know what happened next. 

Now superheroes are one of my favorite things. I'm even trying to write multiple books with super-powered characters. 

My favorites are Captain America, Supergirl, Thor, Black Widow, and Wonder Woman. And, since she's part of the MCU, I can say Agent Peggy Carter is one of my favorites. She slays everything (and the cancellation of her show was devastating).

I can't decide what makes superheroes so appealing to me. Is it the power and strength? Is is the adventure?

My favorites are generally upstanding people whether they're in costume or not. They want to make the world a better place, and they'll fight to preserve that. I also love that Peggy and Kara Zor-El (at least in their TV shows) are great female role models; they prove you can be feminine and kick butt. You don't have to be the stereotypical "strong female character" that hates other girls and can only be strong because she can land a punch.

I'll leave you with this:

So who are your favorite superheroes? Why do you like superheroes?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...