September 6, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: My Favorite TV Shows


I tried a variety of topic ideas for today's wide-open theme, but the only one that seemed to stick was the non-bookish one. I do like media other than books, so I think it's nice to take a break and talk about something else. So, in no particular order, here are my favorite TV shows.

1. Gilmore Girls
I love Lorelai and Rory so much that I wrote a poem in honor of their show.

2. Agent Carter
Peggy is queen. 

3. Veronica Mars
A recent love (in the last year and a half), but a steady one.

4. How to Get Away with Murder
I am slightly disappointed that I have not actually learned how to get away with murder.

5. Phineas and Ferb
Such a classic. The way they didn't even care about breaking the fourth wall by the end of the show was hilarious.

6. Bunheads
So fun story time. I liked Bunheads before I ever saw Gilmore Girls but now I appreciate it slightly more that I understand why everyone talks fast and references pop culture every two seconds. The only flaw? Sutton Foster is great, but she looked way older than her character was supposed to be which drove me batty. *laments that neither this show or Jane by Design is on Netflix*

7. The Great British Bake Off
I saw other bloggers talking about this show, and it has been the delight of my summer. I like baking (and cooking to some extent) but cooking shows always seem so stressful to me. Not so with GBBO. I'm sure the contestants get stressed out, but viewing it is a much more relaxed experience.

8. Full House
Favorite from my childhood (even though it was in reruns by that point).

9. Supergirl
I've been on board with this show since they announced it. It has a few off moments, but I love that we're getting a female-led superhero TV show.

10. The Flash
So I've only seen season one (curse you, Netflix), but I'm addicted. Barry is such a ray of sunshine like Kara, and I appreciate that.

So what did you talk about in your TTT today? What are your favorite TV shows?

9 comments:

  1. Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars and The Flash are some of my absolute favorites, too! Great list :)

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE How To Get Away With Murder - it might not show us how to exactly get away with murder, but it definitely does show a lot of examples of what NOT to do if you don't want to screw it all up even more haha.
    The Great British Bake-Off is another fave of mine - I love how Mary and Paul are very critical, but also stay polite & it's clear they respect the contestants even if they don't succeed. I kind of get annoyed by how rude the judges usually are in other baking shows - I think it's only for the show, but still.
    Awesome list! :)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Flash and have quite a few friends also tired of waiting for Netflix to catch up LOL

    Great list, Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Gilmore Girls! And HTGAWM!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/top-ten-tuesday-73/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agent Carter was amazing - I wish it had been renewed to another season!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agent Carter, Phineas and Ferb, and Supergirl all made my list! And I've been wanting to try The Flash ever since I saw the episode with Supergirl! I really need to make time to watch it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Gilmore Girls, and Bunheads was awesome and died before it's time.

    My ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2016/09/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-favorite-tv.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love GIlmore GIrls and Full House too. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...