April 4, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: My Fandoms


This week's topic is all about fandoms, and I could've gone a lot of ways with this, but I decided to keep it basic and just list my top nine fandoms.
Image result for swiftie
1. Taylor Swift
I've been a Swiftie since 2009-ish, and it's probably my top fandom. Granted, I don't interact with a lot of Swifties often, but I follow a few fan blogs on Tumblr.

Image result for gilmore girls
2. Gilmore Girls
I watched this show waaaayyyy after most people (June 2015-February 2016), but it's absolutely one of my favorite shows now.

3. Agent Carter
Peggy Carter totally got the short end of the stick from Marvel and ABC, but she will forever be my favorite character to come out of a superhero franchise and at least she can live on in fanfic.

4. Disney
This is a pretty broad fandom, and, while I don't like a lot of Disney's recent choices, Disney films will forever be in my heart, thanks to my childhood attachment to them as well as some of the phenomenal films they and Pixar have released lately.

5. Hamilton
I tried to be so hipster and avoid Hamilton for the longest time (although it was also partially because I don't really like rap and hip-hop), but three days into Christmas break 2015, I was bored and so I listened to the entire album. I was hooked and now there's no turning back.

6. Miraculous Ladybug
Properly titled Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir, I'm hooked on this French cartoon about teenage superheroes in Paris, thanks to a Twitter/Tumblr friend (hi, Jessica!). I'm so glad Netflix acquired it so I could watch it via legal, better-functioning means, and I'm dying for season two. This is also one of my favorite fandoms for fanfic, and one of my favorites is very You've Got Mail-esque. 

7. Gallagher Girls/Heist Society
Ally Carter's first two series are some of my favorites in YA ever (especially Heist Society). I don't do a lot in this fandom, but I definitely think it deserves to be on this list.

8. Emery Lord
I love Emery's books, so if she has a fandom, I'm part of it. (I mean, we have buttons for a few of her books that say "I <3 Matt Finch/Max Watson/Henry Jones." What else is more fandom-like than that?)

9. Harry Potter
Yeah, I'd say I'm a Harry Potter fan, although most of my merch is Slytherin-focused. I really liked Fantastic Beasts, though, and I love reading Internet headcanons.


What are your top fandoms? Do we have any in common?

5 comments:

  1. HAMILTON. There was a Hamilton reference at Bible study last night (because we were reading Micah 4, and verse 4 is the "Every man shall sit under his own vine" one, and the professor leading the Bible study is a Hamilton fan as well), and it made me immensely happy.

    I haven't seen Miraculous Ladybug . . . a lot of my friends have, though, so I keep hearing about it. Not sure I'll watch it; the hype is kind of turning me off. (Well, that and the fact that pins from all my obsessed friends choked all the dragons out from my Pinterest feed until I went and unfollowed those specific boards . . . Yes, I'm petty, but don't come between me and my dragons.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list, I love Taylor Swift, Gilmore Girls, Hamilton, Gallagher Girls and Heist Society as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! Taylor Swift definitely would have made my list along with Adele if I had made a list with musicians too. And Gilmore Girls has been on my to watch list for so long, need to watch it. Will watch it soon.
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great fandoms on your list!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/04/top-ten-tuesday-101/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I loooooove Gilmore Girls :)
    My TTT
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...