July 10, 2017

From the Bookshelf to the Kitchen: Moon Muffins


I've said this before, but muffins are one of my favorite things to bake. They're super easy, especially if you use a packaged mix. They're the reason I did so many Muffin Mondays this past year at school. But this recipe was from scratch.

You'd be surprised that Alex, Approximately, a book that focuses mainly on movies, would feature a food distinctive enough that I'd want to recreate it for a blog post. But there's a scene where Bailey and Porter go up to a cliffside in a ski-lift sort-of ride, and on the way they eat moon muffins. I knew they'd be perfect for a blog post, so I asked author Jenn Bennett if she had any suggestions, and she sent me links to two recipes.

Moon Muffins





1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
¼ cup melted butter
2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

1.    Preheat oven to 375°F.
2.    In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and egg. Add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well. Finally, add the milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter. Mix until completely blended and dry ingredients are incorporated with the wet.
3.    Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin pans, filling full.
4.    Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over muffin tops.

5.    Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.


The only difference between these and the moon muffins in the book is that they're definitely mini muffins in Alex, Approximately. I didn't have any mini muffin papers though, and I hate making muffins without papers, so I made them regular-sized this time.


They tasted absolutely scrumptious, especially when warm! Enjoy!

Have a book/recipe suggestion? Leave it in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...