October 17, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Food Mentioned in Books


Since I do my From the Bookshelf to the Kitchen series, today's topic is perfect! I tried to go with recipes that were directly drawn from the story rather than just inspired by the book, but there are a few that don't quite line up. Also, while I haven't made the final recipe yet, it's definitely in my plans for upcoming posts.


1. Cowgirl cookies (from To All the Boys I've Loved Before)
They're so good, y'all.


2. Chai sugar cookies (from P.S. I Still Love You)
Originally Taylor Swift's recipe, I was delighted to find out that Lara Jean baked them too. They taste like winter in a cookie.


3. Cornbread (from The Game of Love and Death)
I'm mildly famous for my cornbread now, since I used this recipe.


4. Black cherry cobbler (from When We Collided)
I made a Jonah-approved recipe for Father's Day in 2016.


5. Waffles (from Six of Crows/Crooked Kingdom)
Nina loves waffles, which firmly establishes her as one of my favorite characters in Leigh Bardugo's duology. I made two different types of waffles that I hope she would love.


6. Moon muffins (from Alex, Approximately)
After checking with the author to find out how she envisioned moon muffins, I made this sweet treat that Porter and Bailey devour.


7. Cinnamon quick bread (from Stray)
I did a variation, so I didn't have to make a yeast-based bread, but it tasted so yummy and I really want to try making it again...with a few seasoning variations.


8 and 9. Croissants and macarons (from Paris, My Sweet)
This book revolved around New York and Paris desserts, pastries, etc., and it definitely made me crave some croissants and macarons.


10. First-Week Cookies (from The Names They Gave Us)
Cookies that sound a bit interesting but nonetheless look like they'll be fun to make.


What foods in books do you crave?

6 comments:

  1. I had the waffles from SoC on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/17/top-ten-tuesday-129/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chai sugar cookies are literally the kind of yummy that makes me so weak and I swear I just may faint one day from them. So good! Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I love that you've actually MADE some of these recipes. I need to make those cowgirl cookies ASAP.

    I wanted to add Nina's waffles to my list as well, but there were so many other foods I remembered that it somehow didn't make the list. (It's actually a shame since my blog is books and waffles. What was I thinking?!) But I'm glad you included it!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those food photos look so yummy! I really want a cookie right now.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a delightfully delicious take on today's topic! I'd never heard of moon muffins, but they sure look yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made the Chai Sugar Cookies from PS I Still Love You! They were sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...