November 16, 2017

Books I'd Recommend to People Who Want to Read More Diversely

If I were a superhero, I'd be the Book Recommender. I'm going to live up to that title today by recommending ten books you should read if you're trying to read more diversely. This post will focus on POC authors, and most of their characters are POC as well.


For fantasy lovers, there's...


2837400718798983
25203675
Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi


If you'd rather read something not quite fantasy (more like magical realism), then this is the book for you:


23848113
The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore


Or perhaps you'd prefer to stay in our world but don't want contemporary stories...


2250105533155334
Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee
You Bring the Distant Near by Mitali Perkins


Or maybe you're like me and love contemporary...


2945659822392935
Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman
This Side of Home by Renee Watson

1805135232333055
Saints and Misfits by S.K. Ali



Of course, this is only the tip of the iceberg. There is so much more diverse YA fiction for you to discover. I tried to focus on titles I don't normally see people talking about, but I also threw in a few staples (like Jenny Han and Renee Ahdieh). And if you have any diverse YA recommendations for me, I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...