December 16, 2017

Emma's Recipe for the Christmas Season

The Christmas season is perhaps one of my favorite times of the year. It's cozy, happy, and festive. If you're looking to make your holiday season a little more merry, here are my tips.



Bake
Find some yummy recipes, whether they're for soup, cookies, or Christmas morning breakfast.

Wrap presents
Get yourself some cute wrapping paper like these at Target: 


(Or maybe some with foxes on it like I managed to snag a few years ago...)

Christmas ornaments
Decorate your tree, whether it be small or big. I get a new ornament every year that represents something big that happened to me that year. My mom gets ornaments wherever we travel to.

Christmas movies
Freeform better come through this year. They've been so repetitive of late, showing the same few movies and half of them aren't even good. (They show some weird Rudolph movie instead of the classic one.) But you best believe I'll be watching White Christmas, The Santa Clause, Polar Express, and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

Christmas music
One of my favorite things in the world. I think I've admitted it before, but I start listening to my playlist right after Halloween just because 25 days is not nearly enough time to listen to my carefully-curated Christmas playlist. It's been tweaked over the last few years, and it's almost perfect except for two things:
-Spotify doesn't have the version of "White Christmas" from the movie.
-Although Taylor's other albums are back on Spotify, her Christmas album isn't, and that's a good six songs that could be on my playlist.

I try not to let those things get me down too much because I still have Leslie Odom, Jr. blessing my ears with "The First Noel," Burl Ives's rendition of "A Holly Jolly Christmas," and Mariah Carey AND Michael Buble's versions of "All I Want for Christmas Is You."

(Also if you like Big Hero 6, you should go listen to this clip.)


May your holiday season be merry and bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...